Who's behind The Moneytizer?
The Moneytizer is a french company, created in 2014 by Augustin Ory, CEO (Former President and founder of Horyzon Media, sold to PagesJaunes in 2008). His business partner Cyril Clement (Former Development director at Lagardère Publicité) is now COO.
The Moneytizer's goal is to democratize the existing monetizing technologies through a user-friendly platform for publishers.
How to begin with The Moneytizer?
Subscribing to The Moneytizer is really easy.
1) Register on our homepage by filling your personal information as well as your website's information.
2) Choose the kind of formats you'd like to display on your pages. You can try as many formats as you want. The Moneytizer is a free and non-binding platform.
Is my registration exclusive? Am I bound by a long term contract?
Our platform is non-exclusive and non-binding ! Our publishers are completely free to broadcast advertising or not. They are free to choose the most appropriate formats for their websites.
We’re here to help if you need advice.
Can I register several websites on The Moneytizer?
Yes of course ! After you signed up for your first website, from your personal space "The Moneybox", you can go to "WEBSITES & AD UNITS“ and click on "ADD A WEBSITE" Then, you just need to choose your ad units for this new website.
Afterwards, you will be able to see all your websites’ statistics from your Moneybox.
Can I register any kind of website?
- You must be the owner of the website (or in charge of its monetization). You need to place our ads.txt file at the root directory of your website as a proof that you are the owner of the website (more information here)
- If you are hosted on a blog platform, you must get approval for displaying external ads.
- In order to guarantee the quality of our offer, we deny access to The Moneytizer to any website with content we consider inappropriate (ex: website with illegal downloading, streaming, peer to peer, adult content, racist, extremist etc.)
- Your website must attract at least 10 000 unique visitors per month and the main part of your traffic must come from geographic areas we can easily monetize (North America, South America, Europe).
- We can also deny access to The Moneytizer when a website has too many ads. A website overcrowded with ads is not well monetized.
- Finally, your website must not contain pop-under, site-under etc.
What's the moneytizer's payment structure? CPM, CPC, affiliation?
By subscribing to The Moneytizer, you'll be exclusively paid on a CPM basis.
You'll be paid on the basis of 1000 ad views (aka ad prints).
Exemple : Let’s suppose your website has 200,000 monthly page views and you decide to put a top medium rectangle on all your pages ; our partners are buying your ad space for a 1$ CPM. Revenues = (200,000 page views x 1$) / 1000 = 200$. (This is theoretical : this example does not take into account the impact of visitors adblockers).
Nonetheless, the « Footer/slide-in » and « Recommended content » formats are paid by CPC. But no matter the ad unit, the final result will always be converted to CPM.
In the event that some advertising partners refuse to monetize your site’s audience, we can use so-called “performance” campaigns to ensure that you maximize your daily income.
How much will I earn with The Moneytizer? How does the revenues optimization algorithm work?
We developed an algorithm (based on "Header bidding") which allows us to have more than 50 partners competing for each of your ad units.
Bidding between partners doesn’t result in a steady price, but guarantees you have the best revenues for all your ad units.
Your revenues will then depend on several features:
- The ad units you decide to choose for your website
- The price for which our partners will buy your ad impressions during the competition
- The season (before Christmas for example, the increase of ad campaigns leads to growing prices because there is more demand).
- Your visitor's adblockers. A certain % of your visitors use adblockers preventing our ads from being displayed. No ad views = no revenues.
How and when will I be paid?
As soon as you reach 100$, an invoice will be edited on the 10th of each month. The payment type is an automatic bank transfer, it will be done 60 days after you receive your invoice. You don't need to ask to be paid.
You think it's a little too long ? We would like to pay you sooner if we could but all of our own advertising partners pay us the same way.
Where can I see my detailed statistics (impression, eCPM)?
The graph on your Moneybox homepage shows your statistics in term of revenues and CPM.
If you want to know the number of daily impressions per format, you just need to click on «Download your stats» just below the main graph.
A CSV file will download automatically.
How does The Moneytizer work? Where are the ads coming from?
The Moneytizer's goal is to democratize the confusing world of online advertising. Therefore, our platform allows you to benefit from a user friendly platform gathering all the advertising formats available on the internet.
Unlike "regular" advertising networks, The Moneytizer allows you to benefit from ad campaigns all year long. Your advertising spaces will always be filled. But how ? Our company has developed partnerships with the greatest worldwide ad networks (more than 50 partners) in order to offer your advertising spaces to thousands of advertisers each day.
The Moneytizer's added value : our partners are put in competition each time an ad space is available on your website, in order to guarantee the best possible price. The best partner will be allowed to display his ad on your pages. All of this is possible thanks to our highly efficient algorithm based on "header bidding".
What kind of ads will be displayed on my website?
The ads' quality is a priority to us. We make sure that you only get high-quality advertisers.
All ads with sexual connotation, including illegal dowloadings or dating offers will never be published on your website.
Can I get targeted ads?
Restricting advertivers is harmful for a website's monetization. Your advertising inventory would never be 100% filled. Nonetheless, you can use our platform as a complementary service to your direct campaigns if you have some.
What's an advertising tag? How do I place the formats on my website?
To place the ad on your website:
- Go to your personal space The Moneybox
- Click on the "TAGS" tab
- Copy the tag corresponding to the format you'd like to appear on your website
- Paste the tag directly into your website's source code.
Seems complicated ? Our tech team remains at your disposal to help you with setting up your ads. Don't hesitate to reach out !
- By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone (France) : +1 888 435 6679
One tag = one format?
Yes, each tag matches one format.
However, there are two exceptions :
-The «Mobile» format which corresponds to 3 ad units (footer, interstitial, over slide). On each visit, the mobile user will only see one of these 3 units.
-The «Footer/slide-in» format which matches 2 ad units (footer or slide-in). On each visit, the mobile user will only see one of these 2 units.
I placed the ad units on my website, I see them displaying but I don't have any statistics on my personal space, why?
Don't worry, it's normal ! Due to our many partners, it's impossible for us to deliver real time statistics.
For example, if you placed your ads on Monday, you'll have your first statistics on Tuesday at 1pm New York time (steady update time).
How many units can I use per page?
In theory, you can place as many units as you want on your pages.
However, we recommend not to overload your pages with ads for 2 reasons:
- If your visitors are being overwhelmed by too many ads, they might leave your website or use an adblocker which means you will not earn any money.
- Our partners can detect the number of ads per page. Too many ads = less visibility for each advertiser = decreasing CPM!
The winning combo ? One or two standard formats (top medium rectangle, megabanner etc.) + 2 high impact ad units or video for example.
I don't have access to all the ad units requested on my Moneybox, why?
Don't worry it's normal ! Some ad units such as SKIN or RECOMMENDED CONTENT have to be validated by our partners before being generated.
You’ll receive an email as soon as they are available on your personal space.
One or several ad units have been refused, why?
Some units might be refused on your website(s). The potential reasons can be numerous. It might be because of a small audience, or maybe because a unit does not fit your page design/layout.
Feel free to contact us if you don't understand.
- By email : email@example.com
- By phone (France) : +1 888 435 6679