When a publisher chooses to place ads on their site, a recurring issue is loading speed. Indeed, ads can sometimes affect it. That’s why we wanted to answer your questions to know how to measure and improve the loading speed of your website.
How to measure the loading speed of your website?
Nothing could be easier! Many tools are available online, and some of them are free. Among them, we can mention GTMetrix, Lighthouse, PageSpeed Insights or WebPageTest.
These tools allow you to scan your site in order to detect the different problems that could be present. This step is obviously essential to be able to remedy them.
Which elements impact the loading speed?
Finding the cause of a loading time considered too long can be a real headache! There are many elements that can impact the loading speed of a site. That’s why we propose this checklist to check the main factors of the slowdown of a site. Don’t forget that there are many others.
- Images that are too heavy: they can have a very significant impact on your loading speed. We advise you to opt for PNG or JPEG files.
- Your web host: this choice is crucial because you have to look beyond the cheapest offers and take into account the size of your site.
- A code that’s too dense or inefficient.
- The integration of external media: we think in particular of videos. It is advisable to host them on your server to improve loading speed.
- Unsuitable browsers or plug-ins: not all browsers will load your site at the same speed. It is important to test them all.
- Your theme: there’s nothing like simplicity! Themes that are too busy affect the loading time.
- Too many ads: in addition to negatively impacting the user experience, putting too many ads slows down the loading time of your site. Be careful to balance it out. Need help? Our teams are here for that!
How to improve it?
Once you’ve reviewed the elements that can impact your website’s loading speed, you’ll have a clearer picture of what you need to work on. The good news is that the tools that measure your site’s speed usually offer a diagnosis to show you the weak points of your site.
There are a few things you can do to improve the loading time of your website:
- Use quality web hosting that has fast and reliable servers.
- Optimize your website’s images by using a compression tool.
- Use a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to reduce the distance between your server and your visitors.
- Use a browser cache so that static files on your website are not downloaded every time a visitor accesses your site.
- Minimize the use of unnecessary plug-ins and scripts that can slow down the loading of your website.
- Use asynchronous tags to load scripts so that they do not interfere with the loading of the rest of your site content.
- Optimize your database by removing unnecessary records and repairing corrupted tables.
When it comes to advertising, it is important to note several things. The more formats you have on your site, the more elements you will have to load. This will necessarily have an impact on the loading time. The Moneytizer code itself has a relatively low impact on the performance of your site. However, to optimize it, we advise you to set up lazy loading on your ad units.
You now have all the keys in hand to measure and optimize the loading speed of your site. The bonus? You can generate advertising revenue with peace of mind knowing that The Moneytizer has a very limited impact on performance. Get started!